ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The ISO 14001 Environment Management System (EMS) standard is an internationally recognised environmental management standard which was first published in 1996. It is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organisation’s products, services and processes.
ISO 14001 environmental certification provides a framework for environmental management best practice to help organisations:
- minimise their environmental footprint
- diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- provides operational improvements
- ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation, and
- develop their business in a sustainable manner